Busting a myth: sustainability increases construction costs
27 May 2021
It is a myth that sustainable solutions increase building expenses and can only yield savings later. Our Sustainable Profitability approach proves the opposite – using sustainable solutions decreases construction costs and accelerates building time.
Below is an example table of construction project savings:
|Time to build
TIME TO BUILD
|Sustainable Profitability construction
800,000 EUR (200,000 EUR SAVINGS)
TIME TO BUILD
8 months (4 MONTHS SAVINGS)
The ROI improvement and building time savings mentioned above can be achieved by using our solutions and products:
- Voided foundations decrease the amount of filling material,
- They also reduce the thickness of the foundation slab, using up to 20 % less concrete,
- Our foundation products are made of stackable plastic that demands fewer truckloads and less storage space, reducing the cost of transport up to 12 times.
Plastic formwork for walls and columns
- Lightweight formwork is fast and easy to install, making the workflow more efficient and increasing the building speed by more than 40 %.
- Our formwork can be installed manually, minimizing the cost of cranes and heavy machinery on site,
- Plastic formwork can be rented and reused more than 100+ times leaving no waste, and minimizing the cost of transport to landfills.
- Lightweight slabs use up to 20 % less concrete than traditional solid slabs, with retained load-bearing capacity,
- By weighing less, they successively lower the use and cost of concrete in columns, beams, and foundations, making the whole building structure more economical and seismically resilient.
- Our water management systems demand fewer expenses for basin filling material, concrete, and steel, with a 3 times greater water storage volume.
- Installing LEED-certified products may add up to substantial tax benefits and grants.
More about our solutions
More about Sustainable Profitability
Top Geotub projects with improved ROI and profitability
How do lean, sustainability, and profitability work together in construction?
Cost saving and profitability in construction will be more important after the Coronavirus crisis
Geoplast solutions with high ROI