Geoplast infrastructure solutions enhance urban resilience
14 January 2020
Sustainable urban planning requires resilient infrastructure solutions in the cities. Strategic turn in public policies from growth to resilience is recognized in EU Strategic Agenda for 2019-2024. Resilient infrastructure can save resources and reduce costs in the long-run.
Geoplast offers various solutions for resilient infrastructure, which are designed with environmental awareness. Our solutions need to be planned from the outset and strategically implemented in urban plans, in order to save resources. The result is enhanced resilience and at the same time improved economy.
- For unapproachable locations or submerged construction, it saves costs of machinery and electricity during the construction.
- Adjustable cross-section improves earthquake resilience, preventing costs for possible damage in disaster recovery.
- Reusable elements simplify the renovations of degraded columns, helping with the global problem of urban infrastructure aging.
- Parking solution for green areas protects the grass from vehicles, preserving greenery and water infiltration, and is much cheaper than paving.
- Because of installation method and durability, our grid for grass allows total cost saving, avoiding any further action usually required for traditional renovations of paved areas.
- Permeability of the large surfaces in urban areas reduces the risk of hydrogeological disbalance and serves as a prevention of flood and related costs.
Our water solutions can be used for irrigation of public parks, rainwater sub-dispersion, drainage, and harvesting.
- Water storage systems and special accumulation tanks can save costs of water supply used for irrigation of public parks and green city areas, helping with drinking water scarcity.
- Efficient rainwater and wastewater reuse systems are key features for prevention of floods that preserve the natural water cycle and prevent additional costs from flooding damage.
- Drainage layer under pavement provides faster rainwater runoff, lowering dependency on the sewage system and reducing the costs of maintenance of pavement threatened by water damage.
Geoplast infrastructure solutions enhance urban resilience and improve sustainable profitability of the infrastructure projects in the long-run.