Drainroof, our green solution product, offers the possibility to create intensive roof gardens and urban roof farms with a thicker layer of soil, required for plants’ and vegetables’ roots.
Retaining and draining the rainwater slowly releasing it after the rain, urban farms also protect the roof insulation. The soil layer improves the thermal insulation of the roof surface, so a roof farm becomes a natural tool which decreases costs of air conditioning.
Besides their contribution to nature and resilience, urban farms generate social interaction in local communities, but also some economic benefits like healthy food production. It is also proved that greenery on roofs clean the air near its surface, decreasing the toxic ozone’s concentration.
Designed as a modular tray, Drainroof is easily transported to the construction site and Installed quickly onto geotextile and membrane, creating a drainage layer with high retention capacity.
Learn more on Drainroof advantages in projects
- BETTER THERMAL PROTECTION INCREASES PROJECT PROFITABILITY
- DECREASED COSTS AIMED FOR AIR CONDITIONING
- EFFICIENT DRAINAGE OF THE RAINWATER
- HIGH RAINWATER RETENTION CAPACITY
- EASY FOR INSTALLATION DUE TO MODULARITY
- USABLE BOTH FOR EXTENSIVE AND INTENSIVE GREEN ROOFS
- SUSTAINABLE DUE TO IMPACT ON LOCAL TEMPERATURE