Geocell easily increases drainage areas
29 July 2019
As water management and flooding resilience are more demanding, we recognized the need for a solution that easily and efficiently increases drained areas. For this reason we designed Geocell.
It prevents surface accumulation of rainwater and flooding by turning parks, meadows, permeable pavements, parking lots, and other surfaces easily into draining areas and it is very easy to install. By increasing drained areas and lowering dependency on sewage systems every project becomes more resilient to water risks.
- Shallow excavation – 30 % of the depth needed for gravel layer,
- Easy and fast installation (one worker can install 100 m2 / per hour),
- Bidirectional water flow (vertical and horizontal) that provides,
- Reduction of surface runoff,
- High capacity – 27.6 l / m2 of rainwater can be stored within Geocell grid,
- Faster and more effective disposal of water toward the canalization,
- Reduction of the vertical hydraulic forces under the paving,
- Mechanical resistance and stability – grid is mechanically resistant, even under surfaces with heavy vehicles transit,
- Adjustability to any slope of terrain,
- Void ratio of 91 %, which provides higher accumulation rate during heavy rains than with commonly used gravel drainage layer.
Join our free Geocell webinar
To know more on Geocell and its benefits, subscribe for our free webinar ‘Draining paving: solutions for the reduction of hydraulic thrusts and for the management of rainwater’ (in Italian) which will be held on Wed 25 Sep 2019.
For more information on our other free webinars please visit Geoplast Events page.
Walkable terrace of the Observatory in Marana di Crespadoro – a Geocell project
Geoplast products that improve urban resilience
Our top water solution videos