New Elevetor Tank manages stormwater in Craig House, Edinburgh
by Nikola Tosic, 18 July 2017
New Elevetor Tank , the permanent formwork for in-situ concrete tanks, was recently used at Craig House, a well-known historical site in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Craighouse Housing Development, Morningside, required the construction of a concrete stormwater attenuation tank.
The innovative New Elevetor Tank was the perfect solution for the job:
- A concrete tank has a 50-year lifetime;
- It is inspectable and visitable;
- The permanent formwork was installed by hand without using heavy-lifting equipment;
- No columns and beams were necessary thus avoiding relatively complex formwork construction and dismantling;
- The overall amount of concrete and steel was reduced compared to a traditional concrete structure.
The project was carried out by our English distributor Stormawater Management Limited, that is specialised in the design, supply and installation of surface water management & sustainable drainage systems since 2005.