Advantages of Geoplast slabs Solutions
by Nikola Tosic, 16 January 2017
Geoplast’s range of Slabs Solutions is designed to build very light structures with concrete savings.
Our Slabs Solutions offer advantages both in terms of buildings’ seismic response and in terms of costs:
- Up to 20% reduction of the mass of the entire building;
- Up to 20% decrease of seismic acceleration and seismic force, and even up to 30% in case of tall buildings or areas with high seismic acceleration;
- Up to 25% reduction of concrete consumption;
- Up to 15% reduction of steel consumption;
- 15% savings in comparison to full slabs.
Marmara Kule, residential and business center which spreads over an area of 38,270 square meters in Istanbul, Turkey. Geoplast’s New Nautilus Evo was chosen to realize lightened slabs with concrete save up to 20%.
Le Nuage, Fitness and Wellness Center by Philip Starck, Montpellier, France. Geoplast’s Skydome was chosen to realize 3,000 square meters of lightened slabs.
Ericsson headquarters, Genoa, Italy. Geoplast’s New Nautilus Evo was chosen to realize 40,000 square meters of lightened slabs.
New Nautilus, permanent void former for lightweight bidirectional slabs;
Skyrail, reusable formwork in ABS technopolymer for one-way ribbed slabs;
Skydome, reusable waffle slab formwork in ABS technopolymer;
Airplast, permanent void former for lightweight one-way slabs.
Geosky, reusable formwork in ABS technopolymer for full concrete slabs;