Carlsberg City District, Copenhagen, Denmark
Old Carlsberg brewery complex in Copenhagen has become new Carlsberg City District. The intervention on the existing structure consisted of creation of new concrete partition walls in structures that later became hotels, office, and residential buildings.
Problems and limits met on site were challenging:
- Limited space inside the existing structure limited number of manforce,
- Works on large and new district required efficient work in terms of time and costs,
- Materials and tools were required to be as much as possible sustainable and reusable.
Our Geopanel formwork was chosen because of its advantages:
- Modularity - panels are easily transported, stored, and removed to and within construction site,
- Less manforce required - due to modularity and light weight of panels and installation accessories,
- Easy installation and dismantling that leaves no waste nor dirt,
- Perfectly flat surface of concrete walls were built and became part of the overall industrial style in interior design.
Besides easy-handling, use of Geopanel provides time- and cost-saving, making the construction process faster and safer. Work on heritage sites is challenging and gives possibility to revive old spaces and their communities.
Read more on other Geopanel projects.
Since 2005 Geopanel plastic formwork has been reducing costs and improving sustainability
Geoplast Build Fast reduces building costs by up to 20%
Sustainable heritage: Top Geoplast projects
How our products improve construction site safety