Green roofs are more than just a trend. They are contemporary city’s necessity to enlarge the green areas and improve the flooding resilience in cases of more and more abundant rainfalls. Green roofs contribute in a positive way with changes that improve urban sustainability and resilience:
- Decrease the temperature on both the local and urban level,
- Retain the rainwater and prevent flooding by slowing down its run-off,
- Decrease the use of air conditioning appliances and save energy costs,
- Improve sound and thermal insulation of the building’s shell and its interior,
- Mitigate the ‘urban heat island’ effect in urban areas.
Our products Completa and Drainroof are designed to quickly form the green layer on any roof, be it existing or a new one. They present pre-vegetated modular green roof system, suitable as the turnkey solution easily applied following these steps:
- Pre-vegetation of plants in trays,
- Packaging of pre-vegetated trays in pallets and transport to the site,
- Fast and easy installation, due to trays’ modularity.
Such a simple system has many practical advantages:
- Placement on both flat and sloped roofs (up to 35 % slope),
- Placement on almost any waterproof roof membrane known today,
- Simplicity of installation and possibility of DIY (‘do it yourself’) intervention,
- Installation throughout the whole year, while requires minimal maintenance due to resistant plants.
Our Sales Manager Europe Roberto Cecchinato will present the advantages of use of pre-vegetated modular green roofs and several projects that prove them.
Green products and solutions