Geoplast products for reconstruction projects
2 July 2019
While the number of new building projects is increasing, current projects also require reconstruction and improvements. Our products are suitable for reconstruction and extension projects because they are lightweight, easily mountable, and suitable for works in limited space.
Here are examples:
Reconstruction of residential buildings
- Modulo is used for new ground floor slab, but also to provide ventilation of foundations to eliminate the moisture. Example: Teatro La Fenice, Venezia
- Minimodulo and New Elevetor can be used to even various slabs levels, or to adjust slab’s level with surrounding beams.
- Minimodulo can also be used to provide additional sound insulation of floor slabs and to provide ventilation of roofs and walls.
- Geotub and Geotub Panel are used to eliminate damages on columns.
- New Nautilus, New Nautilus Evo, Skydome, and Skyrail are used to build lightened slabs that decrease the weight of construction and improve seismic resilience of the building. Example: Villa Principessa Matilde in Verbania
Reconstruction of public buildings
- New Nautilus and New Nautilus Evo are used to build new floor slabs in renovation or extension projects. Example: Galerie Lafayette, Rennes
- New Elevetor and Modulo are useful in creation of elevated or sloped existing surfaces, providing additional crawl space for pipes, conducts, and infrastructure elements, which is important for technical improvement of the existing structures. Example: Swimming pool in Bazas, France
- Modulo and Minimodulo even ground floor slabs or floor slab’s levels with existing beams, when new slabs need to be created due to functional or structural reasons.
- Formwork products are used in extension and redevelopment large scale projects, decreasing costs and time needed to complete the works. Example: San Francisco airport Terminal 1
Reconstruction of infrastructure
- Formwork products are useful in structural renovation of pillars or slabs of old infrastructure objects, because they are lightweight, easy mountable, in usually small operational space or other limited conditions of existing structures. Example: Viaduct in South Italy
Reconstruction on historical sites
- New Elevetor Tank is used on historical sites, where infrastructure improvements are needed, like the underground water storage tank that prevents flooding. Example: Craig House, Scotland
- Airplast is used to build slabs of historical complex extension, providing fast concrete moulding and shorter construction time. Example: Antica corte, Lecco