Geoflor Technical data
Technical peculiaritiesGEOFLOR is a grid made of low density regenerated polyethylene resistant to UV rays.
|Material||Low density, regenerated, polyetylene (PE LD)|
|GEOFLOR sizes (cm)||50 X 50 X 2,4|
|Wall thickness (mm)||5|
|Load capability (t/mq)||100|
|Pcs. weight (Kg)||1.21|
|GEOFLOR weight (kg/mq)||4.84|
|Packaging size (cm)||100 x 112 x 230|
|Mq per pallet||100|
|Type of locking system||Bayonet|
- Install an irrigation system with sprinklers along the longer sides of the parking area.
- Imporvement of the existing soil by placing a sand layer 8-10 thick.
- Add a fertilizer containing: N-P-K (g/mq: 20 N–8 P– 20 K).
- Deliver and place on-site of PE LD GEOFLOR Geoplast model grid and gently roll the surface after the installation. Cut the grass 3-4 times during the following 15-20 days, until it has partially incorporated the grids.
GEOFLOR: method of installation on new construction
- Prepare a drainage layer of voclanic lapillus Ø 40-65 mm. Layer thickness of 15 cm.
- Install an irrigation system with sprinklers along the longer sides of the parkings.
- Delivering and laying on the basis of the project volcanic inerts mixture slope. Grain size from 0 to 12 mm, high water retention and infiltration capability.
- Preaparatory fertilization containing: 20g/mq.di P; 40 g/mq. of K; 10 g/mq. slow releasing and at least l’80 % of organic synthesis.
- Compact the surface by watering and and soft rolling it when dry. Repeat it until properly set.
- Lay pre-vegetated mats of festuca arundinacea (fescue) ≥ 85 % and Poa pratensis ≤15% each in at least two or more variaties.
- Delivery and place on-site of the GEOFLOR PE LD Geoplast grid and roll it softly. Cut the grass for 3 or 4 times during the following 15-20 days until it is partially incorporated in the underlayer.
It is recommended to wait for the grid grassing and also it would be better to cut it twice before using the area. Moreover, you should perform the green surface mantainance periodiacally, fertilizing it correctly and checking if the irrigation system is still working.
We inform that the company will not be responsable for the wrong place of the materials, not conform to the indications of the technical documentation.
Comparison with similar products
|Yield strenght (MPa)||22 – 28|
|Elasticity modulus(MPa)||800 – 850|
|Impact resistance (J/m)||40 – 60|
|Sizes (cm)||50 x 50|
|Resistance to pressure (t/m2)||100|
GEOFLOR system advantages
Protection of the grass surface Resistanceto pressure up to 100 ton. per square meter Easy and fast place with bayonet hooking from the top. Sliip resistant upper profile It can be placed over already existing turf without any special foundation. Thanks to its elasticity and the hooking that connect the grids to one another. Material resistant to UV rays It can be used as a permanent protection of the turf, in the case of manifestations and then it can be removed without damaging the grassy surface.
The grid’s shape gives an excellent stability in a large temperature range. The shape of the cells ensures a perfect grass growth,stabilising the surface even under the stress causde by vehicles braking or accelerating or soil settlements. The cells matrix allows and excellent storwater drainage performance
The bayonet hooking system from the top permits a fast place and an excellent stability avoiding unwanted grid movement. The GEOFLOR grid’s shape is not an obstacle for pedestrians, nor for the wheels of pushchairs, bicycles, wheelchairs, lawn mowers and so on…