Defender Technical chart
DEFENDER is produced by injection molding process.
|SIZE:||79 x 59 x H7 cm|
|WEIGHT SINGLE ELEMENT:||1,60 Kg|
|RESISTANCE TO COMPRESSION:||6.000 Kg m|
|RESISTANCE TO SHOCK:||80-100 J/m|
|PACKAGE DIMENSIONS:||80 x 120 x H230 cm|
|NR. ITEMS PER PALLET:||220 pz. (103,5 m)|
DEFENDER – Installation instructions
DEFENDER allows to create a ventilation and waterproofing gap between the wall and the backfill, saving the filling of the trench with gravel.
Compared to traditional systems, DEFENDER is an essential product for the protection of basement walls because it allows costs reduction, guaranteed elimination of soil moisture, ease of installation and handling on site and excellent resistance to compression of the soil.
- Building of the basement wall in concrete.
- Lay a drainage pipe along the entire perimeter of the building.
- Installation of the waterproofing.
- Installation of DEFENDER following the instructions.
- Fasten the top elements with steel nails and plastic anchors.
- Positioning of a corrugated plasticboard sheet on top of the elements.
- Positioning of a corrugated plasticboard sheet on inner and/or outer edges.
- Backfill of the excavation.
PARTICULAR TECHNICAL FEATURES
Sealing edges and top panels with a superposition in corrugated plasticboard:
The overlapping locking system allows a quick and easy installation.
DEFENDER can be cut with angle grinders or circular saws to match edges and the top of the walls.
The installation of DEFENDER is to be made from the right to the left and from the bottom to the top following the arrows.
The top elements are fastened through steel nails and plastic anchors.
The corrugated plasticboard sheet is placed on the top with a superposition of 200 mm and fastened with adhesives.
DEFENDER – Comparison
Comparison with similar systems
|ARTICLE||DEFENDER||DIMPLED MEMBRANE DELTA-DRAIN|
|MATERIAL||RECYCLED PP||PE HD and geotextile PP|
|Size (cm)||79 x 59 x h 7||roll 200x1250x1,2|
|N° foots per m2||26||N/A|
|Air gap (l/m2)||63||N/A|
|Resistance to compression (kg/m2)||6000||9000|
|Thermal resistance (C°)||-30° C / +80° C||-30°C / +80° C|
|Speed of installation (m2 / hour / worker)||20||N/A|
THE ADVANTAGES OF DEFENDER
- DEFENDER combines the advantages of dimpled membrane and gravel in a single product, suitable for the best protection of the waterproofing and ventilation of the basement walls.
- ELIMINATION of traditional gravel and dimpled membrane protecting the waterproofing and the drainage pipe at the base of the foundations, thus saving 15-20% costs.
- COMPLETE VENTILATION thanks to the air gap create by installing DEFENDER on the waterproofing, thus guaranteeing better environmental conditions in underground rooms, reduced moisture problems and a decreasing of the cold-wall effect.
- GOOD WATERPROOFING thanks to the particular overlapping locking system.
- EFFECTIVE WATERPROOFING PROTECTION FROM SHOCK during backfill operations, excellent mechanical performance on the horizontal thrust of the soil against the structure and efficient anti-root system that endures over time, preserving the waterproofing from dangerous damages.
- REDUCED SPACE between DEFENDER and the waterproofing and better protection of the latter thanks to the rounded feets.
- SUITABLE FOR LARGE AREAS even with few elements thanks to the size of the DEFENDER (80×60). The reduced weight and bulk of the single panel facilitate and speed up handling and installation of the elements (20m2/h/worker).
- DEFENDER can be easily cutted near the edges; a corrugated plasticboard sheet is used to seal the edges and the top of the panels with a superposition of 200 mm.